SMART HOME TECH IS CHANGING THE WAY WE LIVE
The benefits of technology in the home are virtually endless. The rapid adoption of home tech proves that customers are in love! From waking up, to cooking, answering the door, activities at home are so much more fun and convenient with smart home tech. Just think of the things we can do today with smart home gadgets:
- Monitor home security systems when stuck at the office.
- Get notifications and video when visitors approach the front door.
- Control lights all around our home with a simple voice command.
But when these smart devices are managed by different apps and are not unified, they can become tedious to manage. Sometimes, the smart devices that you bought to make your home more convenient turn out to be a little less straightforward.
IT’S ALL JUST SMART STUFF WITHOUT A SMART HOME OS
Take Smart Lighting, for example. If your phone isn’t handy and your kids are screaming too loudly for Alexa to hear you, it’s nice to know you can count on your old-fashioned light switch— but if you have a DIY smart lighting solution, you know that switching those lights on will disrupt the smart connection between your lights and mobile phone and mess up your default settings.
Don’t get me wrong! Most smart home tech is worth the hassle, but once you have a half dozen kinds of devices in your home, troubleshooting issues and getting multiple devices from different brands to work together can become a part-time job. You end up telling yourself, “There’s got to be a better way!” – This is where Majik House can help!
USING A SMART HOME OS TAKES YOUR HOME TO THE NEXT LEVEL
A smart home operating system, like Control4 OS 3, is designed to unify hundreds of connected devices across the home. Control them all from a single platform that gives homeowners the control and personalization you want. While also offering concierge-style professional support when needed.
1) A smart home OS unifies every device in your home
A smart home OS creates a truly intelligent home by supporting and controlling products across all categories of electronics. For example, the Control4 product line includes:
- Smart Lighting
- security cameras
- a video door station
- a smart thermostat
- universal remotes
- multi-room music and video
- home cinema audio and control
All of these devices are then unified and orchestrated by the Control4 OS—and it’s not just for Control4 products. A great smart home embraces choice because every home is a mix of products from a variety of companies. That’s why Control4 OS is compatible with over 13,500 third-party products like smart sprinkler systems, pool controls and smart locks.
So what does the unification of all these devices look like?
Let’s say most nights, you and your family sit down for dinner. You tap “Dinner” on your Control4 keypad in the kitchen, and the window shades roll down. Your favourite playlist comes on, and your smart pet-feeder gives the dog his dinner. Then imagine that after dinner, you move to the living room. Fall asleep on the couch, and forget to lock up. Well, you don’t have to worry. Because at precisely 10pm, your front and back doors lock. The security system arms and all the entertainment in the house turns off.
2) An OS home is simple and personalised in meaningful ways
A powerful smart home is designed so you can personalise your experience, so that the controls you use most are front and centre. OS gives you control over how your interface is organised. Intuitively designed, the Control4 OS lets you favourite rooms and scenes. Arrange devices as you like, so that you can quickly access the controls and features that are most important to you.
- Your kids walk home from school while you’re still at work. When they get home, you get a notification, and you can view them on your security camera using your smartphone.
- You’re leaving on an extended vacation, but there have been burglaries reported in your neighbourhood. You can set the lights, speakers, and TVs in your home to mimic your usual routines, making your home appear occupied.
3) A smart home gives you more than one option to interface and control
While a true smart home lets you replace multiple apps with just one. It can also provides alternative ways to interact with your home. While it may feel like we’re always on our smartphones, there will inevitably be times where it is the least convenient option. Whether it’s voice control, a universal remote, or in-wall tablets, Control4 gives you a variety of ways to command your home.
- You’re watching TV when a notification tells you there is motion in the driveway by your car. With the click of a button on your universal remote, you can view the security camera footage on your TV from the comfort and safety of your sofa.
- The doorbell rings. Your guests are here, and you forgot to leave the door unlocked. Tell your voice assistant “It’s Party Time”. The front door unlocks, while a special lighting scene and a music preset create a party atmosphere
4) A smart home is initially configured by a professional, who offers concierge tech support when you need it
Much like electricity or plumbing, a truly intelligent home is not a DIY project. For a smart home to be comprehensive and reliable, its OS will require a rock-solid network and proper configuration and installation.
Majik House engineers are trained and experienced when it comes to designing systems. We will work with you to create a smart home that meets your needs and fits within your budget. We make sure the infrastructure of your smart home is dependable and future-proof. Meaning that they’ll make sure your network and hardware can handle more devices, should you decide to expand in the future.
If a smart home OS and professional help sound like the best way to ensure you get the smart home of your dreams. Then you can book an appointment to visit the Majik House Showroom here